The successful applicant will provide screening and assessment, referral and brief intervention counselling for people with mild to moderate mental health issues who are referred by their General Practice Team. This position is full time and based in Greymouth.
Essential skills required:
- A tertiary qualification with a mental health focus.
- Minimum of two years working in the mental health sector
- Relevant professional registration with a current NZ practicing certificate
- Ability to triage and assess requests from GP Teams for inclusion in Brief Intervention Counselling programme
- A high level of oral and written communication skills, including the ability to engage effectively with clients, general practice teams and other health professionals.
- Current NZ driver’s license.
The West Coast PHOs focus is to promote and enable better health for the population on the West Coast. With this in mind staff working at the PHO are expected to lead by example and therefore only non-smokers should apply for this position.
Application close Friday 30 June 2017.
For a position description and application form, please email Amy Connor at email@example.com or phone (03) 768 6182.